New year

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Let the Family-ing begin

Last night was my dad's family Christmas party. This party is always pretty exciting and something I look forward to every year. This year it was especially nice because my aunt and uncle who moved to Missouri two years ago were there and a couple other cousins whom I haven't seen in years were there too. There's always good food (and wassail, the best hot drink ever!!) and a lot of laughs. Because there are well over 30 adults (not to mention their kids) we don't give gifts, instead we bingo for them. Every one brings 2 small gifts and sets them out on a long table. My dad is our traditional bingo caller, complete with a plethora of really bad puns, but apparently the years of calling have taken their toll and so, since I can easily be louder than anyone else, I started calling half way through; but not before snagging myself a few good prizes. Between the two of us, Gav and I made out like bandits.

Since only the adults get to play bingo Santa brings little gifts for all the kids. Usually my brother in law, Stew, is Santa but this year his work party was the same night so this year, after much pleading, cajoling and ordering from my aunt Cindi, my dad got to play the big guy in red. The only trouble was that once he put on his glasses he had a hard time keeping the beard on and it had to be tightened several times. All in a great and successful family party.

No comments:

Post a Comment