New year

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wow, the year has gone by fast

This last Sunday Gav and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary (I have to specify wedding because we've actually been together closer to 2 and a half years, and I'm just a bit neurotic :))  We celebrated in pretty typical Amber and Gavin style, not a whole lot of fanfare and spent mostly around family.  We didn't have church because of stake conference, which we probably should've gone to but didn't.  We had a relaxing sleep in and yummy waffles with, still slightly frozen, berries on top.  We then proceeded to be lazy lay-a-bouts before heading off to the dog park up the road.  We met my mom, her dog, and my two youngest nieces there.  Gracie had Gav and I laughing as she swam like a fish, when just a few short months ago she was afraid of the water.  We were all really impressed with Piper and Payton, who not only walked the whole, roughly, 2 miles by themselves but did so with the only round of crying coming after Piper had her feet swept out from under her by the dogs who were tied together.  That night we went to Gavin's parent's house for dinner, taking along the top of our wedding cake.  Yes, it was still good and still entirely too rich lol.  We managed to eat about half of it between us all.  The other half was succinctly dispatched by Gavin's co workers yesterday.

With all of the blessings and changes we've had it's hard to believe that a year has gone by.  We've been asked quite a bit lately if it feels like a year and the answer is, no not really.  For me at least, it is a bit of a paradox because while it doesn't really feel like we've been together that long, it also is as if there has never been a time when we weren't together.  I found my life, and while I am aware that I was in fact alive before we met, and it is better than I anything I could've come up with on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment